Laguna Santa Maria Project
The Laguna Santa Maria Sodium Carbonate Project is strategically located in the heart Lithium Triangle – an area that produces nearly half of the global lithium supply for the world.
- The project is comprised of two mining concessions which total 500 hectares.
- The two concessions are licensed for the production of sodium carbonate, commonly referred to as soda ash, which is a key reagent in the production of lithium carbonate.
- Located in close proximity to current lithium production and development, the project offers significant freight advantage over competing soda ash imports.
- The project has excellent access, being approximately 60 kilometers from the town of Tolar Grande, approximately 357 kilometers from Salta city.
- Strong cash position of over CAD$3 million in the treasury.
Sodium Carbonate (Na3C02)
An essential reagent in a surging global lithium market
Sodium Carbonate is a critical reagent in the production of lithium carbonate. CRPC has optioned the Santa Maria Sodium Carbonate Project, strategically located in Salta Province, Argentina. This location is in the heart of the lithium triangle and within trucking distance of some of the worlds largest lithium developments.
Sodium Carbonate (Soda Ash) is a necessary reagent in the production of lithium carbonate with two tons required for each ton of lithium carbonate produced. Up until recently, local sodium carbonate production has been primarily used in the Argentine glass industry. Argentina’s sodium carbonate consumption for the production of lithium carbonate has been predominantly imported from the United States. According to the US Geological Survey, 165,000 tonnes of sodium carbonate were imported by Argentina in 2021. With expanding lithium carbonate production in Argentina, the demand for sodium carbonate will likely increase significantly.
The Laguna Santa Maria Sodium Carbonate Project has excellent access and is a licensed mining concession. With a past history of Na3C02 production the project can be evaluated quickly and cost effectively. Moving to production is a straightforward materials handling business.
Oz Lithium is well financed with a strong cash position of over $3 million in the treasury. This will allow rapid development of the prospective project to happen promptly.